When you’re ready to move into a space that’s right for your future, Change of Space can provide you with your own dedicated consultant to help you sort and organize your possessions, determine what will be a good fit in your new home, and help you get rid of items you will no longer need. We can provide any or all of the solutions below:
Floor plan: We will measure your furniture and work with you to create a floor plan for your new home, incorporating the things that are most important to you.
Sort, Organize and Declutter: We can help you decide what to keep and what to part with so that the packing and moving process can be as streamlined as possible.
Sell or Donate Items: We can help arrange for the sale of excess items by coordinating with estate sale professionals, antique dealers, and consignment shops. We will coordinate pick-ups by local charities, and provide you with a list of donated items for tax reporting.
Complete Home Improvement Projects: Home repairs or improvements may need to be made prior to listing your home at the best price. We will organize and manage projects, overseeing contractors and ensuring that repairs are made appropriately.
Pre-Sale Home Staging: Using your existing furniture and decor, and coordinating with your real estate agent, we can help you stage your home to facilitate home sale.
Arrange and Coordinate Movers: We can make recommendations, interview, and coordinate movers before and during your move, and arrange all moving day details including loading dock and elevator access at your new residence, if applicable.
Pack, Unpack and Resettle: We carefully pack up your belongings, taking pictures as we go. With the help of our floor plan and photos, we will recreate what you loved about your last home and organize your items in your new closets and storage areas, ensuring that you’re able to settle in comfortably right away.
Post-Move Assistance: Once you’re moved, you may find that you need additional assistance to make your home comfortable. If you need renovations, new organizational systems for closets, kitchens, or offices, window treatments, or tools to make your home more functional or accessible, we can help. We would be happy to identify contractors, shop for you or with you, and manage any projects.
Photo and Document Management: We can deal with your documents, organizing what you need to take with you, recycling old papers and magazines, and arranging for shredding of any confidential documents. Favorite pictures and valuable documents can be scanned and saved digitally.
Why hire someone when you could do the work yourself?
There are benefits that extend well beyond the physical process of downsizing. There are several practical advantages to bringing in professional assistance:
1. Independence and control – Engaging help allows you to keep control of every phase of the process and all decision making. Experts can help you think through the process from start to finish, provide unbiased information, and raise questions you may otherwise have overlooked. Without the stress of doing everything yourself, you will be able to pay attention to all the details and have confidence in the fact that you have ensured an organized and smooth transition.
2. Decreased Stress – Life transitions can be stressful for even the most well-adjusted families. An unbiased third party focused solely on the needs of the client and executing the project efficiently can help to reduce emotions and tensions.
3. Experienced Problem Solving – No project runs completely smoothly, but an issue doesn’t have to derail the entire process. A professional has the experience to foresee potential problems and head them off, or quickly and efficiently resolve issues when they do arise.
4. Trusted Service Providers – Professionals work with a network of trusted service providers. You don’t have to worry about finding, vetting and following up with contractors, movers, estate sellers, etc. Those service providers have relationships with referral partners that they need to protect, guaranteeing you fair pricing, great service and quality work.
5. Home Sale – If you have a home that needs to be sold, our Change of Space Realty group can get your home listed. Visit us at http://www.changeofspacerealty.com to learn more about our real estate services.